1.8 °L – Briess MaltGems™ is crafted by removing the majority of husk, fine grit, and flour from Synergy Select Pilsen Malt. What remains after this process is the Heart of the Malt that can be lautered like a traditional brewer’s grind to deliver exceptional performance. This innovative product reveals true malt flavors without bitter, astringent qualities present with other malts, which is only possible through elimination of husk-based polyphenols. Synergy Select Pilsen Malt is a true European-style Pilsen Malt, which is rich in flavor, high in extract, and low in protein with moderate enzymes and FAN. MaltGems™ Pilsen Malt has a balanced taste with notes of bread, cracker, and honey, along with a remarkably clean finish.
MaltGems™ comes pre-milled and dehusked.
Features & Benefits:
- Clean malt flavor resulting from husk removal
- Exceptional lautering & performance
- Crafted from premium European-style Pilsen Malt
- Well-rounded base malt flavor
- Moderate enzymes & FAN for control & consistency
- High extract due to Synergy Select Pilsen Malt base
- Allows 20% greater grist loading for increased throughput & higher gravity options due to lack of flour & water-binding husk
- AMBA/BMBRI recommended 2-Row Synergy barley